Thursday, February 28, 2013

Patience

So, lately, I have been feeling a little under the weather.  I may have some chronic health issues, but I rarely get sick.  As in contagious, sinus and respiratory sick.  Not fun.  It has been an awesome, and yet unrequested lesson.  Sick I can handle.  A little pain?  No problem.  Not being able to accomplish my to do list?  Say it isn't so!!!  I am way too hard on myself.  Besides, as a homemaker, everything I do gets undone.  And with 6 children, (3 of the human variety and 1 canine and 2 felines) it happens quickly.  Don't take this as complaining.  I would be out of work and sulking of boredom without the continuous cycles of laundry, dishes, dirty floors, lessons for my children and myself, caring for my husband in a myriad of ways and the larger cycles of the year.  My lesson at the moment is patience.  Patience with myself.  I must not shame myself every time I am unable to accomplish the impossible tasks I set before myself.  Changing thought processes is difficult work.  Necessary though.  Healing the world has to start within. 

No comments:

Post a Comment