Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cleanliness

As a homemaker, I have a lot of balancing to do.  One of those balancing acts is finances, health and cleanliness!  Without making things overwhelming, of course.  The way I do that is to make my own cleaners.  Today, I made a cleaner for the shower and bath.  It's super simple.  Takes no time at all.

First things first.  Make a cup of tea with the water left in the tea kettle.  Tea steeping always makes the break after the work all that much nicer.  Then I heat vinegar in the tea kettle or coffee pot.  Clean the tea kettle and coffee pot.  Pour 1 part vinegar and 1 part dish soap into a spray bottle.  Now, I found this on pinterest, which calls for Dawn.  Not my kind of cleaner! I use a natural dye and fragrance free dish soap instead.  At this point, essential oils of your choice can be added.  About 20 drops should do it.  Today, I am using a blend called 4 thieves.  I like to change it with the seasons.  Next step is to spray shower and bath surfaces.  Wait!  Really, wait, you don't want to jump the gun here.  Wait at least 10 minutes.  Then take a dry towel and wipe down all surfaces.  Then rise.  Works like a charm.  This way there is no scrubbing.  For anyone, with lots of little ones or even a chronic condition that makes keeping things clean difficult, this is the way to go.  Easy on the budget, body and it's healthy.

Now don't forget your tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment