Monday, April 15, 2013

Totally Plant-Based

Well it looks like it is time to give it up!  Yep, I have to give up dairy.  It was a hard decision to make.  I have really enjoyed my morning kefir.  I believe it is what has helped me put on some weight that I had lost, but ultimately it isn't healthy for me.  Constant sinus issues are not my idea of true health and that is what I am reaching for.  Also, eggs are out the door, at least for now.  I will reevaluate eggs at a later date, to see if they are effecting me negatively.  Then again, I may feel to good to even try it.  I guess that makes me a vegan.  Hmmm, I have been in this place before and it didn't work out very well.  Digging through research over the last few years, I have figured out where I went wrong.  It was a difficult task.  There is so much conflicting information out there and not all research is equal.  I know that we were created to eat a plant-based diet, I just had to figure out the details.  For me personally this means making sure I don't eat too much raw food and that I get a lot of calories!  The first time I tried a vegan diet, I made both of these mistakes.  I have to keep my calorie intake above 2750 and the majority has to be cooked with plenty of starches in the form of squash, potatoes and beans.  One other major difference is wheat.  When I had tried going vegan before, I still didn't know about my wheat allergies!  Over the last few days I have been switching over.  My sinus are clearing up and my energy is soaring and my brain-fog is drifting out!  I am so excited about how this is going to work out.  I can see so much positive improvement already.  Thank you Yehovah for giving us the perfect diet!

Here's to living at the farmer's market and growing a garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment